Don't stand on Ceremony

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Carols



On Sunday we had the Christmas carols for our parish, at which the youth band played.
As a member of the youth group as well, I spent the majority of the night selling glowsticks, which was rather enjoyable; I especially love it when shy kids come up to try to buy a glowstick.
The youth band played about half-way throught the night, performing three songs. I'd say we did pretty well, although we had a little trouble with the guitar tuning. Once this was dealt with, the performance went quite smoothly.
Our song list was as follows:
1. Joy to the world, slow start, sped-up after the second verse.
2. Merry Christmas, a Ramones song, very popular with the children.
3. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. This song was actually a cd, with the youth band singing along with choreographed dance moves.
This completed, we quickly went off-stage, and nought else of interest happened.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I like the photos - you seem to be managing a fair amount of live performance of late! :)

I notice that JB is in the background there?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Alexander said...

Live is good, as am I. As a spot of trivia, if you look closely at the photos, you'll see I'm playing a right-handed bass. My bass is being repaired and Don has given me this one until he's repaired it.

In the background? I'm not sure what you mean.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home